Welcome to Scrapbook Sketches by Scrapiopath

Need a little help with your scrapbook layouts? Looking for more inspiration or a premade design? New to scrapbooking? Or want to make a special card and need a quick design? Well, you've come to the right place.

Welcome to Scrapbook Sketches by Scrapiopath. Here you will find scrapbook layout and card sketches designed to get your creativity flowing. If you have scrapper's block or just need a little inspiration feel free to print out these sketches for your personal use. Be sure to send me an email with a copy of your layout or card and I will publish it here on the blog.

My name is Jessica Cowan aka Scrapiopath and I started designing sketches about 9 months ago for the ladies at the Scraps-n-Such community. Then I created this blog to share these creative sketches with you. I hope you find some great inspiration with these sketches and examples. Happy Scrapping!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ever Wanted to Sell your Creations

But just didn't know how to go about it. Well if you're like me, you don't want to create 100s of items and pack it all to a craft fair just to sit there all day in the hot sun waiting for someone to buy your items, or at least look at them. For those of you who do this, congrats to you and I wish you good luck and a nice cool day of selling.

But for the rest of us, there are a few options out there that you can do right from the comfort of your chair! You could always go the eBay or craigslist route, or even start your own website. (I did start my own skincare website about 2 years ago and let me tell you, there was ALOT of work involved!) But if you're looking for a fast, easy, almost free, way to sell your handmade items, you need to check out Esty.com. (They only allow handmade items to be sold on their website.) You can set up your own shop for free, like I did, check out my store here. I haven't posted anything in the store yet but I am thinking about starting with my handmade Christmas cards!

If you are serious about selling your crafts you should definitely check out Etsy.com. You can get paid by check, money order, or paypal, which I think is the safest. You can also ship from your house using a kitchen scale to weight your packages and pay for your shipping online with click-n-ship through the USPS.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, there are people that go to etsy just to buy handmade items! So they are already looking for your type of crafts, you just need to provide them the means to purchase it. Really, what could be better than trying to sell something to someone who already wants to buy it? You say you do custom work? Well good, you can sell that on etsy too, as long as the custom item is handmade that is!

By the way, make sure you take your pictures in good light, indirect natural sunlight is best and if you have a close up setting on your camera try to get the little details of your items too. Remember the customer cannot touch your item before buying it so through your pictures you help them to see and touch it. The more details you give the better. Now I bet you are wondering how to host all those pictures, right? Well that's also free, just go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. Now, I have given you the basics on how to sell your crafty items online from the comfort of your home so go out there and start supporting your crafty habit!

No comments:

2007-08 Scrapbook Projects